Genji LLC is a nationally operated, authentic Japanese cuisine and sushi provider with locations setup throughout the grocery channel. Other subsidiaries within the Peace Dining Corporation are Mai, Mai Franchising and GHG Logistics. We are a sister company to the European sushi provider, Sushi Gourmet and both are under the umbrella of our global parent company, The Hana Group.
Our fast-growing food retail company is currently seeking an experienced Food Safety Coordinator to join our team. This role is based in our main headquarters located in Center City, Philadelphia. This role will be fully responsible for setting and maintaining our food safety and quality standards in our companys 200+ locations nationwide, ensuring that all locations meet required quality & food safety laws, regulations, and corporate policies.
A successful candidate will manage and maintain the overall execution of food safety policies and procedures. We are looking for a results driven and goal oriented individual capable of continuously developing and implementing improvements in all matters of food safety within Genji and our subsidiaries.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages food safety standards by researching current regulations in food safety and preparation; Maintains knowledge of all current federal, state, and local laws governing food handling; Conducts training with Regional Managers as needed to ensure compliance with food safety protocol; Develops new guidelines on food safety as necessary
- nstructs on food safety protocol by creating and conducting classes on food safety; Available to answer questions about food handling across multiple departments; Communicating corporate standards on food safety to all staff as needed
- Ensures smooth operations by making sure that the department functions consistently; Monitors staff for accuracy or protocols and procedures; Sets and maintains food safety key performance indicators
- Ability to create a culture that promotes food safety and health standards as a top priority; Addresses customer service calls and concerns related to food safety; Makes recommendations for improvement to senior management
- Implement, maintain, renew and fully manage Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) procedures and documentation
- Train management of recall procedures; run mock recall programs twice per year
- Participates, as well as leads, the coordination, preparation, and corrective action management for yearly internal and third party audits
- Maintains strong communication and teamwork ability cross-departmentally; Works closely with the purchasing team to ensure proper quality standards; Works closely with the marketing team on approving compliant labeling and packaging
- Assists in all new store openings; Research to see what licenses are required, gaining additional approvals, contacting each local health departments to see what is needed, apply for permits and make appointments for required inspections
This job posting describes the general duties and responsibilities for the position. Other duties not listed may be assigned by senior management.
- Degree in in food technology, food science, biology, public health, or related field; 3+ years experience in food safety management; Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong attention to detail in a fast paced environment; Ability to multi-task to simultaneously complete several projects on strict deadlines
- HACCP certification experience required; ISO 22000 certification experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of applicable regulations and food safety standards in accordance with the FDA, USDA, CFIA, etc.
- Must be familiar with Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standards
- Strong auditing and assessment skills
- Effective time management skills, strong organizational skills, and available for flexible scheduling to meet he needs of the business
If you meet these qualifications are ready to take the next step in your career with a fast-growing fun and diverse company, please email your resume or job history through this ad! Include job title in the subject line. We offer a competitive salary, please provide a preferred salary range with your resume where applicable.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Rx coverage
- Short Term Disability and Life insurance
- Paid company holidays plus paid time off (PTO)
- Comprehensive training opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- Career growth through internal promotions
Peace Dining Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.