We have an opportunity for an experienced site Construction Manager with power plant experience. The Project is located in Southern California.
In this position, you will be working on the project site to manage the construction of a 100mw peaking plant in Southern California. The selected individual will provide overall site leadership and management to the construction management and commissioning functions and meet the Owners scope, safety, schedule, cost, and quality objectives. Previous experience with projects under the California Energy Commission is highly desired.
Additionally, you will have the following ongoing/special duties on behalf of Owner:
- Develop project specific construction management work plans. Ensure work plans are coordinated with Owner and Contractor(s)
- Perform Home Office pre-construction planning work prior to field mobilization
- Lead and manage the site construction management staff
- Monitor overall construction and progress, cost, quality, scope and safety
- Manage and mitigate construction work risk
- Report variances and take action to address negative variances
- Report construction progress and cost to Owner
- Lead construction project performance review meetings
- Manage interfaces between the design engineer and the construction contractor
- Manage interfaces with the Chief Building Official
This position requires someone who has a Bachelor's Degree in an engineering discipline, Construction Management or related area, or 15 - 20 years of equivalent experience in site construction management.
In order to qualify, it is essential that you have the following skills and experience:
- 15 or more years' experience with power plant site construction management and start-up testing, with a strong emphasis on GE Aero derivative gas turbines (LM6000)
- 10 or more years' experience in a supervisory, management, or leadership role.
- Corporate and project stakeholder team building knowledge and experience.
- Determination of staff positions and size; interviewing and selection of personnel experience.
- Construction labor knowledge and labor planning experience.
- Experience in establishing and effectively using project controls tools to manage a construction project.
- Understanding of a process approach to accomplishing construction management and start-up testing work.
- Demonstrated relationship building experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with and guide others in potentially adversarial situations.
- Field and corporate experience.
- Willingness to work at a Project site location.
Full-Time position, either as Consultant or Employee.