Position Purpose: Under the direction of the Budget Director, the Budget Operations Coordinator performs budget analysis for departments; initiates electronic budget transfers; coordinates the development of the college's annual budget document; maintains the college's position list database; supports continuous improvement planning; and, provides budget consulting and training for college employees.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related field.
- Two (2) years experience in accounting, bookkeeping, and/or budget development and administration.
- Support departments in budget planning, analysis and reconciliation in alignment with college practices and procedures.
- Generate department and activity reports to ensure effective monitoring of budget performance and actual expenditures.
- Perform budget transfers, adjustments, and journal entries.
- Maintain the college position list database in collaboration with human resources.
- Advise, train, and support managers, faculty, staff and students on budget practices and policies, financial and operational performance, and reporting tools.
- Compile and publish the annual budget document.
- Maintain currency in the field of Oregon budget law and best practices in budgeting and financial reporting and analysis.
- Effectively utilize software and applications such as enterprise resource/accounting systems, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Access to maximize data integrity and operational efficiency.
- Develop and foster teamwork and collaboration in an environment that respects and promotes diversity, sustainability, integrity, communication, and service to the campus community.
- Provide excellent service to the campus and external community and the public from diverse cultural, social, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Perform legal requirements for annual budget process.
- Manage the budget development website.
- Problem solve and manage sensitive information with appropriate awareness of FERPA standards and maintain confidentiality.
Equity and Inclusion
- Demonstrate Lane's core value of social justice by ensuring equity and inclusion skills such as respect, inclusiveness, reflecting, valuing of cultural and personal differences, are the basis of employee and student interpersonal communications and relationships, and are applied to all position responsibilities.
- Duties are carried out respectfully inclusively, regardless of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, social class, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, veteran's status, nationality, age, language, origin or employment status.
- Must demonstrate an active concern for meeting the needs of students, staff, and the public.
- Other duties as assigned.