Diodes Incorporated is seeking a Field Applications Engineer responsible for supporting customer accounts in
Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Arkansas to proactively solve design challenges through creative application
solutions. This position requires a significant amount of customer interfacing activity and demands excellent
communications skills in addition to a strong technical background.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in managing the territory to provide customers with technical and sales support for such company
products as diodes, rectifiers, transistors, MOSFETs, protection devices, function-specific arrays, logic
devices, crystals, crystal oscillators, amplifiers and comparators, Hall-effect and temperature sensors,
power management devices, including LED drivers, AC-DC converters and controllers, DC-DC
switching and linear voltage regulators, and voltage references along with special function devices, such
as USB power switches, load switches, voltage supervisors, motor controllers, connectivity and timing
ICs, redrivers and retimers, and PCIe packet switches.
- Work closely with customers to understand their current system application requirements for the
purpose of obtaining new sales opportunities.
- Collaborate with Diodes' marketing and engineering groups to define new products to meet customer
needs, advance the technology solutions with the customer base and support the design cycle.
- Prepare data and documentation for customer product presentations, conducting training sessions and
demonstrating new products.
- Prepare data and documentation for territory presentations at quarterly business meetings.
- Act in a teaching capacity with sales channels and customer design teams.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- At least 10 years experience and BSEE required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong design and technical background
- Keen problem solving skill set
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve problems
- Strong team and matrix management background
- Ability to communicate product and application suggestions to MarketingCompany Description Diodes Incorporated is a leading global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality application specific standard products within the broad discrete, logic, analog and mixed-signal semiconductor markets. Diodes serves the consumer electronics, computing, communications, industrial, and automotive markets.