Novolex employs over 7,000 people across the globe. From our iconic corporate headquarters in South Carolina to our 46 world-class manufacturing sites to our new state of the art professional center near Charlotte we strive to be the employer of choice in the global packaging industry. Novolex Careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth. Our team is rich in diversity and our culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork in all we do.
We are currently seeking a hands on Maintenance Mechanic responsible for doing preventive maintenance to join our Odgen, UT team. The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for proactively maintaining operation of machinery and mechanical equipment thru preventive / predictive maintenance.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical/electrical equipment by completing required repairs on production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Perform preventive maintenance on production equipment and machinery. Clean equipment and remove debris to improve efficiency.
- Complete routine preventative maintenance tasks to keep equipment in standard operating condition.
- Process necessary documentation regarding procedures performed.
- Control downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Have the ability to determine the effectiveness of preventive maintenance routines and recommend improvements and changes.
- Demonstrated ability to perform mechanical and hydraulic repairs used in mechanical maintenance work assignments.
- Locate sources of problems by observing electrical/mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts
- Determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Assists with planning and implementing plant improvements and expansions.
- Ensures all maintenance and repair activities are in compliance with OSHA, Federal, Local and plant safety standards.
- Investigates equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- 1 year Experience in Equipment Maintenance / Preventative Maintenance Procedures
- Technical understanding, zeal and ability to deal with uncertainty
- Basic understanding of Safety procedures
- Experience with Power Tools
- Critical decision making ability
- Flexibility and adaptability and ability to focus and pay attention to detail
- Experience in Industrial Manufacturing a plus
About the Company
- Novolex is North Americas leader in packaging choice and sustainability.
- The leadership of Novolexs packaging brands sprouts from innovation, a diversity of products and markets, and a dedication to sustainability and quality.
- The family of historic Novolex brands includes Bagcraft Packaging, Hilex Poly, Fortune Plastics, Duro Bag, De Luxe Packaging, Burrows Paper, Novolex Custom Film & Bag, International Converter, General Packaging Products, and Heritage Bag.
- Each of the Novolex brands brings a unique sustainability and product story in plastic, paper, foil, recycling, or composting applications. The Novolex brands are unified by four common values: Manufacturing Innovation and Quality; Service; Packaging Choice; and Sustainability.
- Novolex is headquartered in Hartsville, SC and has 46 manufacturing facilities around the globe, including the worlds largest closed loop plastic bag recycling plant located in Indiana. The company has over 7,000 employees in the US, Canada, Mexico and Europe.
- Novolex focuses on customers within the retail, grocery, convenience store, deli, food service, hospitality, institutional, processor and industrial markets. The Novolex product portfolio and our engineered solutions are designed to meet customer packaging application needs in the areas of food contact, customer experience, resale items, checkout systems, can liners and packaging operations.
- The company rebranded under the name Novolex in November 2014. The change signifies a number of great companies coming together under a new name focused on delivering value to our customers, suppliers and employees through broader product categories and markets. Novolexs family of packaging brands creates value and synergies by covering the full spectrum of retailer and institutional companies packaging requirements.
- The Novolex name is based on the Latin NOVO for new and LEX a tip of the hat to Hilex Poly, the first brand to become part of the family. The blue and red of our logo represents the integration of both paper and plastic into our sustainability platform with red and blue being the legacy corporate colors of Hilex Poly and Duro Bag respectively.
- Novolexs mission is to continue a tradition of leadership established by our historic brands in the areas of packaging choice, customer service, manufacturing innovation, quality, and sustainability.
Our Vision Statement
- To be a leading provider of packaging solutions that are environmentally friendly, create value for the customer and Novolex, have excellent quality, and provide superior service.
- We want to accomplish this with an entrepreneurial culture which drives operational excellence and proactively creates ecological solutions.
Our Environmental Mission
Novolex's sustainability goal is to establish a viable environmental program and product line that:
- Reduces the impact of plastic and paper on the environment through recycling and increased recycled content
- Sets a high standard of industry leadership and corporate citizenship
- Creates meaningful benefits for the environment and the community
- Facilitates environmental action by retailers and the community
For more information on Novolex, visit our website at:
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Pre-employment, as well as post-hire substance testing, is required for specified positions through Novolex. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship.
Novolex is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Companys application process should contact Jamie Wells at .
Novolex is an E-Verify Employer