The IT Business Analyst/Project Manager will have a unique opportunity to lead technology initiatives through the full life cycle, from conception through successful implementation and on-going support. This highly-visible position will lead strategic initiatives that will improve operational performance, increase profitability and create a competitive advantage. What you will do:
Skills we are looking for in this role:
- Identify opportunities to improve utilization of supported system(s) and improve business performance by developing a strong understanding of the business, business processes and key performance drivers.
- Identify and document the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Facilitating the negotiation of requirements amongst multiple stakeholders.
- Identifying the current- and future-state business processes.
- Helping the business stakeholders envision the future and how their work will need to change to support the future.
- Creating, analyzing, and validating detailed functional specifications.
- Facilitating design sessions with the implementation team to define the solution.
- Delivering elements of systems design, including data migration rules, business rules, wireframes, or other detailed deliverables.
- Managing projects, developing project plans, schedules, and monitoring performance.
- Facilitate and participate in user acceptance testing.
- Updating, implementing and maintaining procedures and system documentation.
- Manage risk assessment and mitigation and issue identification and resolution.
- Facilitate the implementation of new systems and solutions, ensuring they meet business needs and requirements.
- Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects.
- Foster partnership with customers, stakeholders, sponsors.
- Plan and coordinate testing and successful implementation of changes, upgrades, and new services.
- Perform routine administration on supported systems, including, but limited to, setting up new users and permissions.
- Troubleshoot, and resolve any reported problems. Work with vendors and technical staff to resolve issues.
- Work with vendors and technical staff to maintain system availability and response time performance.
- Provides end-user guidance and training as needed.
- Daily monitoring and maintenance activities
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in Information Technology or comparable work experience.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience as a business analysist/project manager.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable future state solutions.
- Ability to understand the workflow and business processes related to the application being supported.
- Ability to effectively interface with technical and nontechnical staff at all organizational levels.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service, be a good listener and work well with others.
- Ability to learn new content areas and new skills quickly.
- Knowledge of project management concepts and techniques.
- Knowledge of full software development life-cycle.
- Excellent meeting planning and facilitation skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with SQL Query and scripting as it relates to Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as PERL, a plus.
- General knowledge of hardware and software technologies.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and negotiating skills, with customers, team and stakeholders
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio.
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively multitask in a fast-paced environment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Please no phone calls.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- On-going paid training
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A fun work environment where our teammates feel appreciated.
Penn Power Group is a federal contractor and has implemented an affirmative action plan to ensure equal employment opportunities for females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and qualified targeted veterans. We make reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact ONLY
if you wish to request an accommodation or if you wish to be included in our affirmative action program. Resumes sent to this address will not be accepted