- Develops and implements strategy for multiple or complex departments or categories
- Drives alignment across multiple cross-functional teams to ensure the achievement of business objectives
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for the Walmart.com merchandising/services area
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Manages multiple or complex product or service assortment and delivery channels
- Oversees and directs the creation and execution of new feature and product development roadmaps
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
• 5+ years of relevant strategy and business development experience. Experience at a top-tier management consulting firm a plus.
• BA/BS required; MBA a plus.
• Strong financial acumen and analytical skills, with the ability and bias to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations and drive actions.
• Demonstrated superlative oral and written communication and presentation skills, with proven ability to influence internal and external stakeholders and manage complex relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically and deliver on targets.
• Demonstrated strong leadership and collaboration skills, with vision, creativity, and passion.
• Must be a scrappy, motivated self-starter with excellent organizational and project management skills.
• Demonstrated high degree of integrity, ownership, and team approach in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, test & learn environment.
• Passionate about baking customer service into the organizations culture.
• Passion for eCommerce and for Walmart US eCommerces mission.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Experience in financial, in-home services and/or consumer services sectors.
• Experience developing third-party partnerships.
• Experience managing business development pipeline using Salesforce or other leading CRM platforms.
• Willingness to travel as needed.
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Walmart eCommerce whose brands include Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Shoes.com, Modcloth, Bonobos and others offers a variety of services to enhance the customer experience. We currently offer financial services (including the Walmart credit card) to expand and enable our customers purchasing power, warranty plans to protect their purchases, and in-home services to make it easier for them to start enjoying their products and getting the most out of them. The Strategy & Business Development Manager, Services will be responsible for shaping the Services strategy, identifying and sizing opportunities within new and existing Services categories, implementing opportunities, cultivating relationships to deliver that strategy, and providing overall team operations support to the GM, Services.
• Develop firm grasp of Walmart.com customers: Who they are, what they need, and how they shop.
• Develop expert industry knowledge on all Services verticals and perform analyses on industry landscape: Market size, key and emerging players, consumers, trends, and opportunities.
• Identify opportunities to enhance existing Services products and introduce new products that will satisfy unmet customer needs, differentiate Walmart.com from other retailers, and create deeply loyal customers with high customer lifetime value.
• Create framework to analyze and assess opportunities based on fit with strategy, impact on customer experience and P&L, required investment and resources, risks, and compatibility with the Walmart eCommerce brand and values.
• Compare and evaluate different means (i.e. build, buy, partner) to implement opportunities and make data-driven implementation recommendations to leadership team.
• Prepare business cases, get stakeholder buy-in, and develop go-to-market plans for new services.
• Establish business development protocols, processes, and best practices, building and maintaining a pipeline of partners and potential M&A targets for each Services vertical.
• Engage potential partner companies of interest and track interactions and progress.
• Drive alignment across multiple cross-functional teams, Walmart stores, and Walmart eCommerce brands to ensure the achievement of business objectives.
• Oversee and improve Services team operations, alignment and processes, as needed.