Senior Director, Business Development Hanover Research The Role
The Managing Director oversees the day-to-day operations, strategies, and revenue activities of our business development team within a specific practice. The Managing Director is responsible for managing a team including five to eight individual business directors as well as numerous support staff related to their assigned product. They serve as leaders on the team who can use their experience managing the execution of sales processes, coupled with knowledge of specific market trends, to generate optimal revenue production. About Hanover
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality, custom research through an annual, fixed-fee model for clients in the corporate, education, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account professionals to deliver a robust service infrastructure that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. The core capabilities that drive Hanover's research engine include primary research, secondary research, data analysis, and grant development. By enthusiastically fostering an environment of respect, encouragement, and support, we empower our clients and employees to seize opportunities for growth, impact, and advancement.
As the second fastest growing market research firm worldwide, Hanover has been recognized as a 2015 and 2016 American Marketing Association Gold Top 50 Firm and Gold Global Top 50 Firm and a 2015 Washington Business Journal 50 Fastest Growing Company. Responsibilities
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Manage critical staff and business processes to achieve optimal team revenue production, product growth, as well as employee retention and advancement;
- Liaise with internal stakeholders (e.g., such as Human Resources, Product and Account Management, Corporate Communications and Strategy) to ensure the team has the people, materials, and information to be successful;
- Provide continuous input and feedback on the go-to-market strategy for your product, growth and hiring decisions, and the status of the market segment and revenue progress.
- Ability to manage a sales team successfully against aggressive monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets;
- Mastery of the basics of a business development position, including:
- Outreach strategy
- Polished presentational skills
- Pipeline management
- Closing techniques
- Prior experience in a manager or mentor capacity, with proven ability to develop employees within a professional environment;
- High-energy, self-motivated, agile leaders with the ability to think spontaneously and respond quickly;
- Believers in the power of market research who possess the ability to drive urgency and decisions with both internal and external stakeholders.
A Bachelor's degree demonstrating high achievement from an accredited academic institution. Experience Requirement
5 - 7 years of experience in a consultative sales management role with a proven track record of success by consistently meeting or exceeding all performance metrics. Location
Arlington, Virginia Benefits
- Base salary, in addition to bonus potential
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Advancement and management opportunities
- Community service opportunities
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume at:
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.